Slip and Fall Cases

Personal Injury Attorney | Knoxville, TN

When most people think of a slip and fall accident, they think of a falling accident in a store or business. However, accidents also happen in homes. All property owners are responsible for maintaining their premises in a reasonably safe condition for guests.

If you fall down and injure yourself at a store, business, or someone else’s property, you should contact a slip and fall accident lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights for compensation.

Slip and fall injuries can affect your life for months or even years into the future. However, many property owners and insurance companies do not take these cases seriously until you hire an slip and fall accident attorney.

The Tennessee slip and fall accident lawyers at the Garza Law Firm, we offer a free initial consultation to inform you of your options regarding your slip and fall accident or slip and fall injury.

What’s my slip and fall case worth?

The value of your slip and fall case will be determined by damages and liability. The first factor our lawyers will examine is damages. If you are only slightly injured, you may not have a case that is worth you or a law firm’s pursuit.

However, if you suffered a broken bone, a torn ligament, a cut that leaves a scar, a back injury, disfigurement, a closed head injury or other serious personal injury, you should contact a slip and all accident lawyer or slip and fall accident attorney as soon as possible.

Next we look at liability. In homes and apartments, injuries may be caused by poor construction of decks, stairs and sidewalks. In stores and other businesses, injuries may be caused by obstructions, by falling objects, by spills or other negligence.

In a premises liability case, you are in a better position to seek compensation if you had a reason for being on the property, such as shopping or being an invited guest. We can also handle cases involving common carriers such as elevators, escalators and public transportation.

If you have lost quality of life because of a slip and fall injury or trip and fall accident, you should be compensated. Slip and fall injuries are typically covered by homeowner’s insurance or by general business liability insurance.